I have always been slow to get with the social media trends. It took me about three years to join Facebook. The same thing happened with Twitter. Instagram was no different. I remember my sister showing me her beautiful photos, and I would ask why I would want to put more photos online. Now here I am with a blog doing just that. I also am completely obsessed with Instagram, so here are my 10 favorite Instagram accounts for the moment. 1. @justinablakeney:Justina Blakeney's work is so inspiring. She is a true artist. I can't speak to her aesthetic enough. If you love bright colors, fun patterns, and eclectic mixtures, hers is a definite account to follow. Check out her website here.
3. @humansofny: It is said that a photo speaks a thousand words. Humans of NY truly capture that saying as they travel around NY and the world sharing the stories behind the faces. I am always excited to see their new posts.
4: @thethingsshesees: Meghan is new to the blogging and Instagram world, but it seems as if she has been doing this forever. Her photos are always airy and perfect. And don't get me started on her custom dreamcatchers! I can't wait to get one for myself. She is truly inspiring to me as a new blogger. Check out her site here.
5. @notyourstandard: Kayla has the life most dream to have. She travels regularly all over Europe, she always looks beautiful, and she attends the most amazing events! Her Instagram account is just full of beautiful photos of the world, delicious bites, and her personal style. I also love following along with her blog. She posts amazing recipes that are easy to recreate.
6. @_brittbass: I cannot express my love for abstract art enough, so it is a given that I instantly fell in love with Britt's prints and original pieces. Her whitewashed website is the perfect backdrop for her fun and colorful prints. I love how you can see every brush stroke on the canvas. Follow along for more creativity!
7. @ohannielee: I actually first found her blog, and I knew I had to follow along with her adventures on Instagram as well. She has only be blogging for a little over a year, but she has an aesthetic of a true pro. I love her eye for the littlest details. I also have a soft spot for fellow expats, so hers was a no brainer for me.
9. @randomactsofpastel: Champagne, pastels, and pastries...oh my! I sometimes just sit in awe at how she keeps her color palette so on point. Alyssa never wavers from her signature pastel colors. Even in her blog, her consistency and aesthetic are applaudable. And anyone who loves sweets as much as I do is definitely one to follow!
BONUS @mustafaseven: This is pretty much the crème de la crème of all Instagram accounts in my book. His photos are out of this world, and they make me want to experience it all through his lens. Everything he puts online makes my jaw drop, and I have troubles getting it back to its regular position. Follow along for the awe inspiring beauty that is our world.
So, there you have it my 10 (with a bonus) favorite Instagram accounts. Which accounts spark your creativity?